POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray v.4 proposal : Re: POV-Ray v.4 proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v.4 proposal
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 18 May 1999 19:57:13
Message: <3741f049.0@news.povray.org>
To put things straight, #ifdef was my suggestion. I now see that it really
isn't necessary.
It should be up to the user to know that the manipulated array contains
vectors. Or values could be forced to vectors in the macro (value+<0,0,0> or
something similar).
Right now I can't think of a common situation where an intermittent array
element would be missing (it has never happened in the procedures I use with
arrays). But #ifdef could be used as a check here.

Margus