POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : We need Fresnel reflectance. : Re: We need Fresnel reflectance. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We need Fresnel reflectance.
From: Ron Parker
Date: 18 May 1999 14:12:23
Message: <37419f77.0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 May 1999 16:52:34 GMT, Steve H. wrote:
>On an aside question:
>
>   Does anyone have the source for POV 3.1e, not 3.1a ,  for win95?

Not yet.  I'm eagerly awaiting it as well, so I can get rid of all these
people who are asking me why the superpatch doesn't work when the official
3.1e is installed. (I get those questions by email as well as in newsgroups.
It's driving me nuts.)

>Along with the new radiosity, I'm going to add Fresnel reflectance to objects
>that already contain reflection.   That is, unless one of you wants to beat me
>to it!

You might want to check out Wyzard's variable/blurred reflection patch first.
It's supposed to do Fresnel reflectance.  It's included in the superpatch, or
you can get a standalone POV 3.0 version.  Both are at
http://twysted.net/patchstation .