POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Bowling Pin Surface and Texture : Re: Bowling Pin Surface and Texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bowling Pin Surface and Texture
From: Rick
Date: 15 May 1999 05:45:01
Message: <373d340d.0@news.povray.org>
try to make to bowling pin white, and use a bump map to give the impression
of dents, maybe use a gradient texture for the pin, that way you can unclude
the red stripe.

dont worry about the yellow tinge, a combination of good lighting and
radioasity should take care of that. (assuming you are going to do a whole
scene, it bowling alley, ball, room, etc etc etc.

as i say, just may a bleach white w/ strip texture and render a few pins,
post it to bin.imag and take it from there.

Rick