POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Include Files : Re: Include Files Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Include Files
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 May 1999 07:32:52
Message: <373E9ECF.14ABA254@aol.com>
The GUI idea is an interesting one I think because I've often thought what
it might be like if POV-Ray had at least a graphical Insert Menu (of
Windows version anyway). You know, just click on a button and drop into
the text editor the particular choice. Plus customization of those said
buttons in a way similar to any popular paint program, where you could
have a set of parameters already such as scale and orientation/location.
Lets say you click on Cone and drag that to a spot in the file. Either
leave it as default (already preset by you earlier) or right-click the
Cone button and get a dialog for changing the possible values. And of
course this and others would all need to be in categories and
subcategories to fit into the GUI "toolbars" window. Especially good would
be some kind of smart placement feature of things like CSG keywords and
their wrapping braces about a group of shapes. Same goes for texture,
interior, media going into a shape or object without the need to manually
place the text.
Well, time to cease the daydreaming for now I guess.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe