POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Superpatch : Re: Superpatch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Superpatch
From: Ken
Date: 12 May 1999 22:24:17
Message: <373A2995.A1090EF6@pacbell.net>
A.J. Palmer wrote:

> I hate to be such a newbie, but I "discovered" POV-Ray about a week ago,
> and am exploring the depths of its complexities.  Reading the
> binaries.animations group (yes, I downloaded nearly the whole history of
> that one... eek) I found a few references to "Superpatch."  Being a
> programmer, I think "I gotta see this for myself."  So I do a search,
> find the location of the superpatch site...  and fail to access it.
>
> Is twysted.net down?  I've tried it for nearly 24 hours, and had no
> luck.  I've been there before, last week, when I was looking at the
> objects on that site.  I'm frustrated.  Gaaaaaaaa.
>
> Is there a mirror site or an ftp location I can download it from
> instead?  Please let me know.  Remember.  You were once a newbie too.
> --
>
> -- A.J.

   I just tried it and yep it does appear to be off line right now.
Twyst's site has a history of going whacko about every 10 - 14 days
or so and shuold be back on line sometime today or tommorrow. I know
of no mirror sites for the patch other than the creator of the patch
Ron Parker probably has it available upon request from his site. If
you are impatient you could try to contact him for it. He is active
in the programming group on this server and you should have no problems
finding contact information for him there. If you are totaly impatient
I could probably send you a copy of my archive for it. I have the
executables archive and I think the documentation archive somewhere
around here.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net