POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oil burner thingy. : Re: Oil burner thingy. Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oil burner thingy.
From: Alan Kong
Date: 10 May 1999 22:51:03
Message: <37388992.71944909@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 10 May 1999 21:26:41 +0200, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:

(re: Bill DeWitt's suggestion)
>> Difference with a superellipsoid?
>Hmm... That would be something... but I've looked at the original a bit more
>now, and I reakky can't see that effect here... Don't know why...

  It worked for me in a scene I've been working on to show off photon
mapping. My scene needs more work to look presentable but try adding a
color pigment to the water and the superellipsoid difference object to
make it temporarily more visible while you tweak the superellipsoid
parameters to get the right amount of 'cling' to the sides of your
container object.
--
Alan
povray.org - official home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer