POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : X wings and media : Re: X wings and media Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X wings and media
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 10 May 1999 05:37:05
Message: <37369ab1.0@news.povray.org>
GrimDude wrote in message <373511c4.0@news.povray.org>...
>  Well, I thought you might have some insight as to what a photon torpedo
>actually is. I'm sure it is some form of nastiness beyond lasers, but I
have
>no idea in what form. :)
>  I imagine something like a water balloon, with a very high energy
payload.
>Why? I have no idea. :)

It has small amounts of matter and antimatter annihilate when the
torpedo explodes. Since annihilation converts all matter to energy, that's
one
BIG explosion. E=mc^2 where m is in kg, E is in Joules  and c=3*10^8 ms^-1

Thats a photon torpedo from Startrek. No idea what a proton torpedo from
Starwars is.

Gail