POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cursed media (oh, 20k or so) : Re: cursed media (oh, 20k or so) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cursed media (oh, 20k or so)
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 9 May 1999 20:59:47
Message: <37362173.0@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <3735C28C.D54EBFF7@aol.com>...
>It's a neat picture, even if sparsely populated with objects. I don't
>understand what those two tiny objects are at all. But it looks like a oil
>painting to me, pretty neat. Hope any media success doesn't change that
>aspect too much. Your trouble sounds just like the things about
>'atmosphere' from version 3.0*. Either too thin or too thick. You could
>try lowering density floats or vectors as you raise the scattering
>(emission and/or absorption also) float or vector and vice versa.
>Basically you have to give the light enough to interact with while not
>inundating the media too much.
>As Stephen pointed out it will always depend on the scene, like area
>confines and lighting.

those little things are cork stoppers for test tubes that aren't in the
scene. right now cause they took a while to render among other reasons. I'll
definately post the completed image in a few days. I think it is looking
pretty cool so far. thanks for the advice. i never got down the atmopshpere
stuff in 3.0 either. maybe i'll just leave it out of the scene.