POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : nut macro annoucement : Re: nut macro annoucement Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nut macro annoucement
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 9 May 1999 19:39:22
Message: <37360c0d.43013676@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 May 1999 22:38:41 +0200, Marc Schimmler <mar### [at] icauni-stuttgartde>
wrote:

>Hi there!
>
>I sat down the last evenings and wrote my first macro. Nothing
>incredible, just a little tool to create realistic nuts (see small
>example at the bottom).
>
>You find the macro and a small tutorial how to use it at:
>
>http://www.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/~marc/nuts.html
>
>Any comments are welcome!
>
>Marc

Very good Marc.  I like the use of simple engineering terms as the macro
parameters.  I can understand why you had difficulty with your "slope" term.
The english engineering expression for this quantity is "lead", but it is more
usual in the UK (and I believe in the USA) to use the term "pitch" which is
1/lead.
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com