POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Large .udo files : Re: Large .udo files Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Large .udo files
From: Johannes Riechart
Date: 9 May 1999 19:04:53
Message: <37360683.7058F995@pcsrock.com>
Alex,

Thanks for the tips.  Problem is, as a renderer Rhino is not much use other
than for simple visualization.  Not a slam, but modeling is the focus of that
program.  And as for BMRT, I have looked at it, briefly.  I began to read up
about things like coding shaders and compiling them and whatnot.  Ouch.
Unfortunately Mr. Gates has me spoiled about such things Point and Click.  Is
BMRT as linuxy-geeky as it looks?  Don't get me wrong, linuxy-geeky would be
the preferred modus operandi, I just haven't reached that level of
enlightenment yet.