POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Large .udo files : Large .udo files Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  Large .udo files
From: Johannes Riechart
Date: 9 May 1999 13:35:48
Message: <3735B964.FF2E8AC4@pcsrock.com>
Greetings,

Just downloaded Moray a couple of days ago.  I'm using Rhino to model,
then I dump out the results to Moray for material assignment, scene
placement, etc.  Rhino exports directly to .udo, and I have noted that
while the .udo file itself is of a reasonable size, an .inc file is also
produced which is usually enormous.  It has not been unusual for it to
be 10-15 meg + for a single object!

While I'm not too concerned about filling up my hard drive, I'm
wondering if this is a normal result.  I've recently become interested
in competing in the IRTC, if a single object is 10 or more meg, I can
visualize an entire scene utilizing over a gig of .inc files.  This
would of course make uploading sources for the competion .... painful.

Any input??

Regards

J R