POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sponge 86 kb : Re: Sponge 86 kb Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sponge 86 kb
From: Ken
Date: 9 May 1999 04:53:31
Message: <37349612.3D3AF718@pacbell.net>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> I hope I post this image correctly.
>
> Inspired by all the fractal work on this list, I sat down to make a Sponge.
> I am posting the 27 thousand boxes I have generated to do the difference of
> the original unit box. This is a section of a 1024x768 that I did for a
> background in about an hour. Unless doing some better bounding or something
> makes a significant change I probably will not be posting the finished image
> anytime soon.
>
> My calculations show that on my PII 400 it will take about a month!8-O

  TGIF  ( Thank Goodness It's a Fractal ).

    It looks interesting indeed. It makes me wonder at the approach
  used for the construction. You took a big bunch of objects and used
  them to chip away at something else. To do this you used a method
  that is know to significantly increase rendering times.
    Looking at the process in a different way why not just use the big
  bunch of objects collectively to create the object without having to
  remove material from the something else in the process. Well it is
  something to consider anyway and if you could pull it off it would
 render in a significantly shorter time as your reward.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net