POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Looking for interested parties that want POV-Ray for Solaris and UltraSparc ... : Looking for interested parties that want POV-Ray for Solaris and UltraSparc ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for interested parties that want POV-Ray for Solaris and UltraSparc ...
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 8 May 1999 15:41:50
Message: <373483C0.5DDC0976@interlog.com>
Good day.

	I've been using POV-Ray for about three years but have not produced any
results of interest.  I have recently taken a fresh interest and am now
enjoying the animation features as well as the new processor technology
that simply wasn't feasible three years ago.  I am a Sun user who has
access to multi-cpu systems with UltraSparc architecture and I was
curious to see what difference there would be between a reasonable Intel
based system and a Sun UltraSparc workstation.  I was surprised to find
that the SUNOS version of POV-Ray was sadly lacking in performance.  I'm
wondering if there are others out there who would participate in
creating an optimized version of POV-Ray that would execute as a
multi-threaded application within the new Solaris 7 environment?

  details about why I want to do this ...
http://www.interlog.com/~dclarke/povray/povray.html

Dennis Clarke

dcl### [at] interlogcom