POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Continue Render With Radiosity : Re: Continue Render With Radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continue Render With Radiosity
From: Ken
Date: 9 May 1999 00:46:36
Message: <37345C3B.9648D7ED@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Think it's been said that a continued (+C) radiosity render is now fixed.
> But don't go trying it on my say so please. See if someone else speaks up
> first who has actually done it using the latest version. I take it you
> meant the inconsistencies were while using 3.1a or some other.

  I read this a few hours ago and decided not to answer with possibly the
wrong advice. I think Bob made one very rational statement. Don't go trying
it on my say so. With as much time that has been invested in the rendering
of the scene till now this is not the time to experiment. Let this one
finish then verify on scenes that only take a few minutes to render weather
this is a potential problem. I too believe I had heard that there was a fix
in place for this problem but I wouldn't bet my 2 days render time on it
to find out.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net