POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Do the Rossler... : Re: Do the Rossler... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do the Rossler...
From: Ken
Date: 8 May 1999 11:17:34
Message: <37344C65.B51A9B50@pacbell.net>
> > Now, I will say that for this newsgroup often JPG will suit the image
> > fine. In this case, however, given the large expanses of flat color
> > ( the black  especially ), and the subtle details in the actual image,
> > I would say that PNG is a good choice for this one. Even on 16-bit
> > display and using 100% quality, the JPG version looses much of the
> > clarity of the image.

   I have no opinion on the subject and don't want to jump into the
middle of this but... I just came across the PNG home page and offer
the link to any and all who so chooses to visit the site. Perhaps
a short browse through the material will offer the added advantage of
a more informed opinion on the subject or it might clear up a few
misinformed or misguided notions on the subject. Perhaps not but I am
a giving person and offer this link freely and expect nothing in return
for having given it. Learn it, teach it, use it wisely, and then shall
you truly live long and prosper.

  ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/png/index.html

--
Ken Tyler