POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Continue Render With Radiosity : Continue Render With Radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Continue Render With Radiosity
From: Chris Harrison
Date: 8 May 1999 10:07:04
Message: <3734371C.BE59E563@btinternet.com>
I am currently in the process of raytracing an 8000x6000 image for an A3
poster - the problem is it has been going for two and a half days and
has become terminally slow! I predicted that it would take about three
and a quarter days, but I'm not sure now - as you can imaging, this is a
great inconvenience for anyone else who wants to use the computer!
Because I was bored, I was looking at the POV console output (I'm using
POV 3.1e.msvc for Windows, if it makes any difference), and I saw
something about "continued trace". So I looked this up in the POV-Win
help and saw that there was a "Continue Raytrace" option in the render
window :^)
However, I am rendering my scene with radiosity, and I have noticed that
if you render a certain section with radiosity it is inconstant with
another section which is ever-so slightly different, and very
inconsistent with a full image render. So, does anyone out there know
whether it is safe to just stop the job and use continue when you are
rendering with radiosity - I don't want to see any inconstancies which
will spoil the image and waste three or so days!

Can anyone help?

Chris Harrison
http://www.ChrisHarrison.co.uk/