POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Dispersion in the Photon Patch : Re: Dispersion in the Photon Patch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dispersion in the Photon Patch
From: Ken
Date: 8 May 1999 18:23:45
Message: <37340280.DD9975AA@pacbell.net>
Chris Maryan wrote:

> A while ago I saw someone mention using dispersion with the photon patch
> on one of the povray NGs. My newsreader (NS) is configured to delete all
> headers more than a few days old and I can no longer find this message.
> I need to know the syntax for adding dispersion to an object.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
>
> --
> Chris Maryan

 Nathan Kopp replied to my quwry with the following:

...I have implemented dispersion, but there's no default spectrum.
If you creat your light source like this:

light_source { <10,10,10>
  color <1,1,1> // this will be replaced, but the parser is a hack right
                //   now, so it is still required
  color_map{    // here you define your light's spectrum
                //   this color_map acts like "average":  the first value is
                //   weight (intensity), the second is color
    [1, <.5,0,0>]
    [1, <.2,.2,0>]
    [1, <.3,.3,0>]
    [1, <0,.5,.5>]
  }
}

Notice, the color map entries added up to <1,1,1>.  This spectrum will
probably look bad (I made it up just now), but you get the idea.

Good luck,

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net