POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POV+for() : Re: POV+for() Server Time
3 Sep 2024 04:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV+for()
From: Phil Clute
Date: 7 May 1999 14:40:47
Message: <37332710.4662E9C6@tiac.net>
Nieminen Mika wrote:
>Because #declared identifiers in povray are not macros, while #defined
>identifiers in C are macros.

I have to admit my experience with C programming is extremely
limited. I guess I am confused as to what a "macro" is then.
I assumed that constants were macros. What makes #define a
macro and #declare not a macro? They seem to serve the same
purpose.

(There was actually a small discussion in povray.general entitled
"Macro tutorial" started by Andrew Cocker. I mentioned there that
#define and #declare are the same thing. If this is incorrect I
may have mislead Andrew and others.)

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.