POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : X wings and media : X wings and media Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  X wings and media
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 7 May 1999 11:42:52
Message: <3732fbec.0@news.povray.org>
This is something I've been playing with for the last couple of weeks.
The X wing and Y Wingcomes from the Starwars POV archive
and the TIE from the Starwars modelling alliance ('fraid I don't have
urls for either)

The sun is actually a Chris Colefax lensflare, as is the proton torpedo.

The laser blasts were done using similar code to that of the
light sabres of a month or so ago. This is my second play with media
and I would appreciate comments on how to improve the explosion
bottom right.

Media code

sphere {
  <0,0,0>,2
  pigment {rgbt 1}
  no_shadow
  hollow
  interior{
   media{
    emission 3
    //scattering{1,.01}
    intervals 40
    samples 5, 20
    confidence 0.999
    variance 1/100
    density {
     spherical
     cubic_wave
     turbulence 0.75
     lambda 3
     color_map{
      [ 0 rgb 0]
      [ 0.5 rgbf <1.0,0,0,0.8>*0.5]
      [ 1.0 rgbf <1.0,0.5,0,0.4>*0.5]
     }
    }
   }
  }
  scale 5
  translate <15,-13,6>
 }

Thanks
Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features

Attachments:
Download 'Xwingtie.jpg' (39 KB)

Preview of image 'Xwingtie.jpg'
Xwingtie.jpg