POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animated HF : Re: Animated HF Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated HF
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 6 May 1999 23:47:39
Message: <3732492E.D0A050F3@xs4all.nl>
Ph Gibone wrote:

> >While I'm at it: it's not really a topic in this thread but the idea of
> making
> >the most realistic ocean is a bit pointless because the ocean (sea) will
> look
> >different all over the world. If you compare the Mediterranean to the
> Northsea
> >for instance, one is clear-blue the other muddy-greyish (which apparently
> means
> >the water is cleaner...)
>
> I'm interested in the movement, not the "material", as you've seen on my
> sample, and, anyway I'm not running after photo-realism but after
> credible-realism where the ocean can only be part of a scene.

That's why I said this was "off-thread"...

> >PS if you like I can dig up an example of the animated seasurface I
> mentioned.
>
> I'd love too, thanks a lot
>
> Philippe

Here it is...
I'm sorry but I had to ZIP the file.
I had to shrink it to a miniature and even then I was afraid it'd be too large.
You can view it at double the size, it won't matter much. It's also supposed to
be a loop.

Regards,

Remco

Post a reply to this message