POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray going down!!!!! : Re: Moray going down!!!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray going down!!!!!
From: Alan Kong
Date: 6 May 1999 21:37:44
Message: <37322923.48245014@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 2 May 1999 21:23:35 -0500, "bucky" <buc### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>I hate to say it but I side
>with ian, I dont know about ian but I know I will register. but try to
>recall back to the 8th grade where the best job you could get was mowing
>lawns for $15 a lawn. Also, if 15% goes to church(GOD has been good to me),
>45% to colleg that leaves little of the $20 to spend on a 90$ modelling
>tool. also I dont think my parents would be too happy if I spent my life
>savings on a modeler

  Hi, Bucky. Let me see if I can phrase it differently than what was
already said regarding Moray registration.

  What if the all of the people who agreed to pay you $15 per lawn
mowing job let you finish mowing all of the lawns and then informed
you that even though they agreed to pay you, they really didn't have
the money and that they hoped to someday be able to pay you. In the
meantime, they are still requesting that you continue to mow their
lawns because the grass is still growing. In other words, they want to
continue to use your services free of charge because they don't have
the money. Would you feel any obligation to continue cutting their
grass for free after they'd all agreed to pay you beforehand?

  Should Lutz Kretzschmar continue development of Moray for free? If
people want a freeware modeler there is Breeze Designer and POVLAB.
When someone uses Moray shareware they have agreed to pay Lutz the
price specified after a certain trial period. I'm sorry I can't recall
how long the trial period is but I've been paying for my Moray
registrations and upgrades since its MS-DOS days. I'm glad to do so if
it'll encourage Lutz to further Moray development.

  Don't take this as a put-down, Bucky. I simply ask you and Ian to
consider the other side of the coin and think about the time and
effort that Lutz and Markus put into Moray. You can continue to use
POV-Ray for free but you might consider honoring the shareware
agreement and remove Moray from your system until you save up enough
to pay for your registration.

--
Alan
povray.org - official home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer