POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : importing texture definitions : Re: importing texture definitions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: importing texture definitions
From: ZuluNiner
Date: 6 May 1999 19:09:24
Message: <37321314.0@news.povray.org>
No.  Under the GNU license, your modified version of the original GNU source
has to be public, but your own code can be licensed under a different
licensing model.

In other words, you'll have to provide a public version of how you "hook"
the GNU code into Moray, but you won't have to release any of the
proprietary Moray code.

The simplest solution would be to do it as an import plugin.  That way the
only thing questionable about the release status is the Moray plugin SDK
(which is already public) and the ParPov code, which is also public.

--
ZuluNiner
aka Calin/Runesinger