POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POV+for() : Re: POV+for() Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV+for()
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 6 May 1999 18:58:13
Message: <37321062.6D749378@t-online.de>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> #declare Index+=1;
> #declare PosX*=1.5;
> #declare PosY/=2;
> #declare PosZ-=10;

Agreed, but I think ++ and -- are not necessary.
OTOH, I'd like to see the equality operator renamed from
= to == (I always get bitten by writing something like
#if(foo==bar)
and then having to correct it).

Another thing I'd like to see: The possibility of passing
the name of a macro as an argument to another macro.

This would allow one to e.g. create a triangle mesh for a
given function of two variables, where the name of the function
is given as the argument. Currently, the loop that makes
the mesh needs the name of the function hardcoded.

Ralf