POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Good morning Mr Phelps ! : Re: Good morning Mr Phelps ! Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good morning Mr Phelps !
Date: 5 May 1999 18:06:06
Message: <37320366.E62A5844@club-internet.fr>

> Fun huh, o-kay...
> That metal for the medal (ha) is so fine. Very nice. As with many such 3D
> things this one causes me to see an optical illusion, difficult to make
> out which way the imprint is going. That's just me though, I'm sure :)
> The lower words look great, the upper words have obvious separation
> fluctuations. Not a subliminal message about some sort of German WWII "SS"
> orginazation (boo, hiss) is it?

No, I would never do such a thing. I don't do politics when raytracing. ( you
know what you've hit a sore spot)

> The "IMP" part sure seems familiar ;)
> I take it you didn't use something like a curved text include or the
> program Elefont? You're a brave man if not.

I used the # fopen file feature. It goes like
"I",3.5,
"M",9.5,
"P",5.5
and so on. The figure after the letters is the width of each letter to center
it on the <0,0,0> point and manipulate them more easily. I can tell you, that
was a head-scratching thing.

Fabien

Thanks for all you comments and those that follow