POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Angle dependant reflection on a P51 512x384 ~30K : Re: Angle dependant reflection on a P51 512x384 ~30K Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Angle dependant reflection on a P51 512x384 ~30K
From: GrimDude
Date: 6 May 1999 15:01:48
Message: <3731d90c.0@news.povray.org>
Rick (Kitty5) wrote in message <373187bf.0@news.povray.org>...
>This is getting better all the time, look formard to seeing what you do
with
>it, and is there an animation in the pipe line?
>
>BTW, on aseperate note, what are you modelling the plane with?
>
>Rick

  Thanks <G>
  I think I'm off animations for awhile. Setting one up wouldn't be too
difficult, but media for smoke, tracers, rocket exhaust,...
  I used a demo copy of TruSpace 2 for the modeling. I like it for the way
it presents boolean operations, but it has its drawbacks as well (frequent
crashes on a model of this size and complexity). Somehow, there's always
been more important things to take care of, other then an upgrade. I do own
TruSpace S/E, which has everything but the boolean operations (well,
everything I used for this model).
   Soon, after I get the textures right, I'll be posting a B-17 I've been
working on. I modeled it roughly in TS S/E and used Pov primitives in place
of the boolean operations.This  is a little more haphazard, but it saves
over upgrading to, I think it is, version 4 of TS ($$$).
  Sure, I could use another modeler, but TS has the distinction of being
*very* easy to use. It's almost so easy, you can buy it and be using it
*well* the same day.
  Okay, /commercial advertisement.

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet