POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soap Icon : Re: Soap Icon Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soap Icon
From: Rick (Kitty5)
Date: 6 May 1999 09:14:59
Message: <373187c3.0@news.povray.org>
media??

hang on, let me get this straight, your modelling apparently solid opjects
with media, OK, you either have a very powerfull computer, or need you head
looking at (from the inside:)

why not just to a superelispsthingy, a little CSG for the text, render real
quick, and make it blurry abound the edges in a paint program, or use POVray
focal blur

its for web use right?, there is not enougth contrast between the word
"Daily" and the background, drop your screen color depth to 256 and you will
see what i mean ( i have attached a GIF of it on a 256 col desktop)

Rick

Axel Hecht <ah### [at] numerikuni-kielde> wrote in message
> Here I go, first submission.
> It's a soap, intention is a button for my daily surfings department on my
> personal 'take off' page.
> Modeling done with xemacs ;-) and it's mostly media with a bit of phong
finish.

> Axel

----

Post a reply to this message