POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rubix Cube : Re: Rubix Cube Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rubix Cube
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 6 May 1999 06:28:35
Message: <373160CA.912D315B@home.com>
I think there is an easier way to do this than with complex mathematics. I'm
not sure this would work, though I don't see why not. What you could do is
get a real rubix cube and draw or write down the positions and color of all
the different cubes. Then take a few days off work :-) and solve it as many
times as you can each time writing down all the different moves. Then all you
have to do is recreate the rubix cube in Pov-Ray using the drawing or
description you made of the original cube then animate it using the
instructions you wrote down while solving it.