POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Angle dependant reflection on a P51 512x384 ~30K : Re: Angle dependant reflection on a P51 512x384 ~30K Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Angle dependant reflection on a P51 512x384 ~30K
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 May 1999 04:24:38
Message: <373143A7.C39BEDD6@aol.com>
Looking really awesome (no, not AWSOME) anyhow. I was going to mention a
supposed white paint before and I was unsure whether to say anything about
it. I take it this has a single reflection finish over the entire body of
the plane? Don't suppose you have a way of changing it when on the blue
part. And should the other parts be whitish? Perhaps you have too high a
diffuse. The earlier image seemed to show it as a white paint anyway.
The "shadow" seen at the boundary of the color change does look like a
prop shadow, but there are also dark places elsewhere, under the air
intake for one, so there's a chance it is reflection from another external
object. About the air intake, is it supposed to be closed off? At least it
looks like it is.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe