POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : PLagerised peice (PLease don't flame me!) : Re: PLagerised peice (PLease don't flame me!) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLagerised peice (PLease don't flame me!)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 5 May 1999 09:30:04
Message: <373138d5.19399324@194.174.214.110>
Hi Alex Magidow, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> how does one use that dialogue, Lutz? I'm unsure, and as great a ulility 3Dwin is,
> its not very well documented.
Hmm. That would be a better question for Thomas to answer.

> A higher value does what?
A value of 0 shows every edge. A value greater than 0 starts removing
edges. The value is in degrees. An edge is removed (from the wireframe
display ONLY) if the two adjacent triangles that form that edge form
an angle of less than 180-angle then the edge is removed. In other
words, if the plane of one triangle deviates from the plane of the
other triangle by less than the angle, it is removed.

An angle of 15 degrees is a pretty good default. If you want really
basic outlines you can go up to 60 or so.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray