POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : crash and subsequent problems : crash and subsequent problems Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  crash and subsequent problems
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 5 May 1999 18:25:45
Message: <3730b759.0@news.povray.org>
Has anyone had a crash while trying to copy and paste a Group of Rotated
Spline oobjects (Moray for Win v3.1 Build 4251). I'm pretty sure it happened
when i tried to paste the group.  In anycase, it caused a (i'm not sure i
remember correctly) segmentation fault within Moray. Moray then kindly
offered 3 choices, one being abort whcich I didn't try. The other two I did
to no avail (i don't recall what they were). So i knew(hoped actually) that
if I tried closing Moray it would ask me to if I wanted to save the current
.mdl. Which it did. and I saved it. Moray exited. Then I tried to restart
Moray and reopen the file i was working on. I get the error: "An error
occured while reading the file vasestand.mdl. The error was 'File is not
open' "

and a blank scene is loaded. My question is, can I recover the .mld file i
was working on? I sucesfully opened vasestand.bak, but it was not even close
to being up to speed with what I was doing at the time of the crash. Anyway,
thanks for the help. If you need any other details, i'll try to give them to
you.

Ross