POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POV+for() : POV+for() Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  POV+for()
From: TonyB
Date: 6 May 1999 00:23:15
Message: <3730F673.1A3AAC5F@panama.phoenix.net>
Hi. I don't know if I'm in the right group, but I was just wondering if
anyone sees the future possibility of adding for() to POV, or if this
can even be done. It certainly would be very cool.

For example, instead of writing

#declare value=0;
#while (value<whatever)
 blah, blah, blah...
 #declare value=value+something;
#end

We could write

#for (value=0;value<whatever;value=value+something)
blah, blah, blah...
#end

Or even

#for (value=0;value<whatever;value+=something)
{blah, blah, blah...}

And another thing that would be too nice to have, as in the above
example, would be ...oh, I forgot the name... but anyway, it would allow
things like this:

Instead of

#declare i=i+1;

we could have

#declare i++;

and instead of

#declare i=i*e;

we could have

#declare i*=e;

I don't know how this could be added but it would be most appreciated.

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Who was the first President of the United States of America?