POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : checkered plane, reflective sphere. : checkered plane, reflective sphere. Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  checkered plane, reflective sphere.
From: Spider
Date: 5 May 1999 15:33:26
Message: <37308B15.1DF3AEB7@bahnhof.se>
Well well well.. I wanted to redo the old checkered plane thingy, and I did.
Actually, this image was meant as a very simple example on the subject,
demonstrating the "hello world" or something. i spent more time tracing the
image then I did creating it... (Bad sign. Very Bad).

I'd like some input on how to make this scene a faster trace. i think i know
where the problem is (there is a texture that goes from reflection 0 to
reflection 1, and has a filter value to it. you're right, it's the text object
:-) Anyone here who know how to get it just a bit faster? (ok, a few 1000
percent?)

As it is, I wanted a render in 1024x728, aa 0.3, max_trace_level >15, but the
pps dropped to around 12 then. annd it was still dropping when I aborted(I don't
have that much time)

Anyone know what would help?
800x600, no aa, max_trace_level of 6 takes 1 hour 4 mins on this p166 (running
200) I know, get a faster pc, but anyway... *smiles*

--
//Spider    --  [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]
And the meek'll inherit what they damn well please

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'oh-tystnad1.jpg' (53 KB)

Preview of image 'oh-tystnad1.jpg'