POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Fur 2 [173 KB] : Re: Fur 2 [173 KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fur 2 [173 KB]
From: Hans-Detlev Fink
Date: 5 May 1999 13:28:31
Message: <37307168.6B15C6E7@pecos.nospam.de>
Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> Hans-Detlev Fink <hdf### [at] pecosnospamde> writes:
>
> You're wrong. I stopped following the discussions in cgrr, because
> there was too much traffic. Furthermore, I'm working on fur for
> more than several weeks now.

Oh sorry, I talked about c.g.r.renderman which is far from
overcrowded ;-). It was there that I first stepped upon the
idea of 'hair by shader'.

> > Is it much change to the plain pov code?
>
> I try to keep the changes small. I have redesigned my approach several
> times. Now, the main part is in two new files named fur.h and fur.c.
> Of course, there have to be some changes in parstxt.c and media.c. I
> also have to change frame.h to include a pointer to the pigment and
> the fur struct in the media struct.

Sounds very interesting. Hopefully you will give us an announcement
(and of course the code) when you feel the code is ready for the public.

Have you any early idea how your approach rates in terms of render
time as compared with traditional (object based) procedures?

-Hans-