POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-) : Re: PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 5 May 1999 13:15:11
Message: <37306F0D.4FECCB2E@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Hi Rick,
	I see what you mean about the clouds; I need to work on some larger
scale variations. Thanks - I knew something wasn't right and writing
this note has precipitated a couple of possible ideas.
	The water - I'm quite happy with finish, but as Thomas says a couple of
replies on it looks like the water is 'boiling' rather than 'rolling'.
Oh boy, am I stupid! I just looked at the code again and saw that I
scaled the normal down instead of up before applying a turbulence warp.
I'm always doing that ... I'll try correcting that.
	The atmosphere - the colour is a bit thick below the clouds. I designed
it for a dawn/dusk image and it looked OK so I mostly did a cut and
paste on that. Something else to work on.

	Thanks for the comments,
		Mike Andrews.