POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-) : Re: PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 5 May 1999 12:48:09
Message: <373068B4.A27EB08D@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Hi Ken,

Ken wrote:

> Michael Andrews wrote:
> >
> > Hi Folks, me again.
> >         Those of you who think this is a photo, raise your hand. Come on now,
> > let's get a count. Mmm hmm. Right, you can put them down now. And the
> > people out there who know a fake Awesome Rolex (a faked fake :-) when
> > they see one? Ah hah, OK.
> >         Well, let me hear some comments, OK?
> >
> >         Bye for now,
> >                 Mike Andrews.
>
>   Did you by any chance notice the ghosts in your image ? Look at the
> point where the water line meets the horizon and then center for the
> spot light. I see what appears to me someone that looks like maybe a
> French artist with a long pointy mustachio and standing behind and to
> his right is a clocked and hooded figure. Again to the left of the
> artist is another person possibly a nun or an older woman in a heavy
> coat or cloak. Possibly more hiding in there if you let your imagination
> go for a while.

These 'ghosts' don't show up as well in the original TGA, and I only
glanced at the JPG briefly to ensure that the compression hadn't totally
ruined the image. They do show quite well tho', don't they? Which makes
it all the more realistic I suppose. After all you're supposed to see
funny images in clouds and shadows, aren't you? :-)

>  I think the scene needs some work but the ghosts were fun.

I think the scene needs some work, too! But it's the closest I'd come to
a good looking scene for a while and I thought I'd inject a little irony
into that Awesome Rolex matter. I mean, the sort of person who would try
to put one over on this group of folks probably would try to do a hand
count over the internet ... and to try twice!?!

> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

	All the best,