POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boule (speak: Boole) : Re: Boule (speak: Boole) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boule (speak: Boole)
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 3 May 1999 15:34:50
Message: <372fec40.4515756@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 May 1999 10:39:06 +0200, Jan Schaefer <jan### [at] imiseuni-leipzigde>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>this is my first picture I post to this group. I hope it looks not to much like
>the boring but also famous "mirror-ball-on-checkered-plane-thing" ...
>
>It shows a game called Boule. I think they play it mostly in France.
>
>I need some help to brighten the shadows and to improve the ground.
>
>So feel free to comment. Both types of commenting, positive and negative, are
>welcome.
>
>So long,
>
>Jan

Jan,
An interesting subject for a first effort. I wish I had thought of it first!
If, however, you are looking for realism, the boules need to be scratched and
and the grooves a bit deeper.  The ground would be better using a granite
texture to look more like a coarse sand.
e.g.

texture {
      pigment {
              granite