POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt at "Photo-Realism" : Re: Attempt at "Photo-Realism" 800x600 ~ 50k Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt at "Photo-Realism" 800x600 ~ 50k
From: GrimDude
Date: 5 May 1999 00:09:59
Message: <372fb687.0@news.povray.org>
heh, okay.
  14'-1/4" for the D-model Mustangs stationed in Europe. I understand they
were a little longer for the Pacific theatre. The frequencies in use at the
time are probably well known, but were not included in this reference
("Detail and Scale"; issue 8251, volume 51; Squadron Signal Publications,
1997). I could find out more, but the rest of my volumes are packed away too
deep. <G>
  Some of the problems I am seeing in the model I created are:

1) Close ports and seams seem to be swamped by ambient light. Check out the
bright radiator inlet, and rudder hinge line. Perhaps a problem with
distance_maximum?

2) I applied the decals (image_maps) only to the opposite side of the
aircraft, without clipping. Big mistake. I should remove them or do them
right.

3) The painted surfaces are darkening unrealistically, or so I feel. If
anyone has a clue as to why this is, let me in on it :)

4) The aircraft panel lines have been ignored by choice. The model has
already exceeded 8megs, and that's enough. If, I ever get things looking
good, I may go back and clip out the individual panels.

5) Wingtips are a b****. <G> Nuff said.

Further criticisms welcome.

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet