POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New computer:-) : Re: New computer:-) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New computer:-)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 4 May 1999 15:31:00
Message: <372f3ce4.0@news.povray.org>
Thomas Lake wrote in message <372B753B.CF324744@home.com>...
>Hi everyone I just cot a new computer! Weeeee! Its a PII 400MHz with
>64MB of ram and a Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT video card and a Sound
>Blaster PCI128 sound card. I've just finished re-installing most of my
>win98 stuff and I'd be interested to see how much faster the new
>computer is at pov-ray. If anyone out there has a simple image with
>render time and parse time specs for a PII-233 with 64MB of ram (That's
>what my old computer was) I'd very much like to have it so I can see how
>much faster my new computer renders. I don't know if it will make a huge
>difference though, I don't have any more RAM than before, but it is the
>new faster ram and the system buss is running at 100Mhz.

<me is green with envy> What are you doing with your slow old P II 233???

Consider throwing it my way <grin> I'm still rendering on a P150.
(although I might put in a gloat about the new 8.4 GB hard drive I got)
<grin>

And I'll agree with the recomendations to add more memory.
The aforementioned P150 has 64 MB and runs OK.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features