POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : My gravity calculations don't work... help! : My gravity calculations don't work... help! Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  My gravity calculations don't work... help!
From: Peter Popov
Date: 4 May 1999 15:17:25
Message: <372f3511.24815584@news.povray.org>
I tried to create a realistic gravitational model, but for some reason
it didn't work. In the attached "gravity.zip" is the pov scene used
for this purpose and a data file that defines the Sun, Mercury, Venus
and Earth. The data file needs to be in the same directory as the
scene file. I advise you to make an archive copy of it since it is
modified on a frame-by-frame basis.

The "sol.zip" file you'll find attached contains precise astronomical
data I used in this unfortunarely malfunctioning model. I checked and
double-checked but there's still the possibility I made a typo or
missed some zeroes :)

Can anyone please tell me why this isn't working? All units are SI,
output precision is high enough... it just isn't working :(

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gravity.zip' (2 KB) Download 'sol.zip' (121 KB)