POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Programmer : Re: Programmer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programmer
From: Jim Kress
Date: 3 May 1999 23:06:59
Message: <372e5643.0@news.povray.org>
Being the lone FORTRAN programmer in the known POV universe I must take
exception to your comments about the language :b) .  Fortran 95 (yes, an
actual, current ANSI standard) has been thoroughly polluted with all the
structured, object oriented "improvements" that clutter C++ and associated
languages.  The Fortran 2000 ANSI standard promises to continue this
deconstruction of a once fine language ...

Also, Lahey (www.lahey.com) offers a free Fortran compiler.

So there!  :)D

--
Jim

Check out my web site http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights that boggle the mind!!

Alain CULOS wrote in message <37278CAC.283BCE5C@bigfoot.com>...
>"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:
>
>> I would like to come into programming.

<LARGE SNIP>