POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boule (speak: Boole) : Re: Boule (speak: Boole) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boule (speak: Boole)
From: Rick (Kitty5)
Date: 3 May 1999 13:12:47
Message: <372dcaff.0@news.povray.org>
Very nice so far, I assume they are CSG'd, dont worry about it looking to
like the infamous raytraced scene, we all, go back and have a mess with taht
from time to time :)

The sky, try using a layered texture on a giant sphere. Layer 1  is a
gradient going from Dblue to L.Blue (or orange to blue for a sunset theme)).
ayer 2 is a mostly transparent cloid texture. Its a bit tricky to get right
but looks good when right..

the ground is far to flat, try doing a HF coastline w beach, put the bools
on the beach. you wont have to go mad on the detail of the rest of the HF,
they would just add a bit more interest to the reflections.

Rick

----