POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How do I learn? : Re: How do I learn? Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I learn?
From: GrimDude
Date: 3 May 1999 03:24:32
Message: <372d4120.0@news.povray.org>
You can teach yourself anything you can take a course for. A structured
environment makes it easier (a little), but if you can learn to structure
your habits of learning (reading, working examples, etc), then class time is
not required.
  Of course, there isn't any system of correcting learned mistakes this way,
but it can be done.
  Too, reading isn't everything. Case in point. I know someone who studied
to become a doctor (Phd) of Aerodynamic Engineering, and I know someone else
that spent the same amount of time flying, reading for interest, and
building airplanes. I'll let you guess which one knows the subject best and
makes fewer mistakes. :)
  That sheepskin comes in handy, though!

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet