POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Povray Festival logo : Re: Povray Festival logo Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Festival logo
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 May 1999 08:56:32
Message: <372d3c90.1289633@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 May 1999 14:15:58 +0300, Lewis <ble### [at] netvisionnetil>
wrote:

>Done in pov. I'm not satisfied yet, I tried using photons but for some
>reason, after 30% it looked the same so I just did it without.
>
>Dunno. Maybe the photon patch doesn't work in area lights or texture
>maps. Nathan?

Two suggestions. Lower the diffuse value of the background white plane
to something like 0.5 0.r even 0.375. Also, use a larger area_light.
The shadows are too sharp, especially those of the "Festival" word.

Just some thoughts, anyway.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700