POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray Feature Request : Re: Moray Feature Request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray Feature Request
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 2 May 1999 17:58:52
Message: <372cbc8c.0@news.povray.org>
Rick (Kitty5) wrote in message <372c48a0.0@news.povray.org>...
>How about a UDO mesh detail option, I have had the exact same problems as
>Thomas Lake when using large meshes in Moray.
>
>How about giving Moray the option to reduce the complexity of the mesh, or
>even ignore the UDO and create a bounding box automatically, giving the
user
>the choice to switch large cumbersome objects Off in the views, yet they
are
>still in the scene?

Talking about mesh-reduction: I have some code for that that I pulled down
from the net somewhere. I adjusted the code a bit (and fixed some bugs) and
made it into a DLL (there is a little other stuff in that DLL, but 90% is
for the mesh-reduction) and included it into my TreeDesigner. It has worked
there nicely since then and didn't make any trouble.
Lutz + Markus: Since most of the code isn't from me anyway, I would be
willing to share the DLL and sources. Its a VC++ 5.0 project :-) You may
want to have a look at it "ganz unverbindlich"...

Johannes.