POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A festive Julia : Re: A festive Julia Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A festive Julia
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 May 1999 10:11:49
Message: <372bf9bf.5539330@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 1 May 1999 11:56:51 +0100, "Rick (Kitty5)"
<kit### [at] dialpipexcom> wrote:

>How do you get these Fractal shapes?, O have ssen this twisty thing several
>times before, How do you make it?
>
>Or is it just my fault, for relying on Moray?
>
>Rick

This is a POV primative called 'julia_fractal' which is not available
in Moray. The other primatives that Moray doesn't support (yet) are, I
think, quadric, quartic and poly (Well, quadrics? Maybe yes, they
aren't that complex to polygonise, I guess. Haven't seen moray since
the days of the official POV 2.2 CD, so don't quote me on this).

The bottomline of all this is that you'll have to play around with
pure POV code. Don't worry, the POVWIN 3.1 editor is really cool :)

BTW if there's enough interest I might post the parameters of some
fractals I like.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700