POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Someone mentioned fractals... (>100 Kb!) : Re: Someone mentioned fractals... (>100 Kb!) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Someone mentioned fractals... (>100 Kb!)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 May 1999 10:11:48
Message: <372af2ef.3795406@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 May 1999 03:28:58 -0500, Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>Yep, jpeg wreaked havoc with this. Neat idea, icon framing. Don't know who
>it was but someone was trying it long ago somewhere. The mandelbrot does

Actually it looks a little more fractal this way. Fractal comes from
'fractus' which means 'broken' :) As of icon framing, I'll try to fix
it as put it on my desktop.

>well for this. Funny thought occured to me, have you ever taken a female
>to a fabric store? Reminds me a great deal of a possible section in the
>store.

No, but dad often tells me to try to make a portfolio of my 2D stuff
and show it in some textile designer house. He thinks no one will
recognise a fractal when they see it :)

>And that just reminded me of another thing, my mother asked me if you had
>any relationship with a K-Mart line of clothing or some such thing. She
>seemed to think there was a "Popov" clothing label there. Wrong, right?:)

Too bad someone already got my name registered. Down go all my dreams
for a blazing career in textile design :((((( j/k

Grim, Steve, thanks for the nice replies :)

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700