POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Use found for useless pipe macro (sorry!) : Use found for useless pipe macro (sorry!) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Use found for useless pipe macro (sorry!)
From: Equiprawn
Date: 1 May 1999 06:50:33
Message: <372ace69.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Unfortunately Mr. Tran, I have found a use for your pipe macro. I have been
working for a while on designing and building my own ST:TNG Federation
starship, and as soon as I saw your pipe macro, I thought "Borg".

So here is the first public appearance of the USS Harriman. I haven't
finished it yet (still texturing and lighting). It's a mesh that I made in
Macromedia's Extreme 3D, and then exported to Moray, where the whole scene
was composited. This image has lots of post production in Photoshop
(smoothing out blotchy radiosity, adding glows, etc.).

----

"Bring us in, heading 158 mark 234" ordered the captain. The Harriman had
just reached the system, and was speeding towards Mars. The huge, precise
faces of the Borg ship loomed towards them, cold and dead. My god, it was
the size of a small moon! How would the Harriman have a chance against that
thing? After all, it was just a small science vessel. The Federation Council
had ordered all available ships back to Sector 001, to help protect Earth
against the Borg invasion. The captain ignored the reports of the lost
ships, not wanting the futility of their situation to overwhelm them. The
|Borg's weapons were striking out at any ship that got too close or started
to attack, and few ships survived the onslaught. The captain's jaw
tightened. "Lock phasers on the Borg's weapons array, full intensity" he
ordered. He looked at the screen one more time, his jaw tight, his resolve
strong. "Fire."

The raw energy of the Harriman's phasers lanced out through space ... and
bounced harmlessly of the Borg's shields...

----

Equiprawn

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: