POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Someone mentioned fractals... (>100 Kb!) : Someone mentioned fractals... (>100 Kb!) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Someone mentioned fractals... (>100 Kb!)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 30 Apr 1999 20:59:34
Message: <372a3205.6645578@news.povray.org>
Here's a pic I once rendered for a desktop wallpaper. I wanted to have
windoze place one icon per tile, but icon spacing must be 85.33 for
this to work... Anyway, this is esentially a mandelbrot set in a fized
point with randomised zoom (10^1 to 10^12, I think), iterations
(somewhat proportional to the zoom), color map and rotation. If I am
lucky enough to find the source I'll post it if someone requests it.

P.S. Sorry about the size, but that's the best I could achieve after
30 min of tweaking jpeg parameters. Most of the smaller fractal
details are lost at greater compression levels.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mandel_wallpaper_2.jpg' (84 KB)

Preview of image 'mandel_wallpaper_2.jpg'
mandel_wallpaper_2.jpg