POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Polyray/animplug (feature/speed) : Re: Polyray/animplug (feature/speed) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyray/animplug (feature/speed)
From: Rick (Kitty5)
Date: 30 Apr 1999 17:57:20
Message: <372a1930.0@news.povray.org>
> Well, it's well known that this doesn't even work with Moray, without
> using your anim plugin! - Why would Moray make you set 'Keep single
> instance' during installation. - Thus, that's no problem for me. I've
> never seen any advantage in running multiple instances of POV-Ray. Renders
> just don't become faster.

It come in handy when you want to render more than one thing at once, in my
case I have a 800x600 AA RAD mega CSG detail image i am rendering, looks
like taking close to 36 hours to render (will post when finished :)

and by enabling multiple instances I can still mess about with other scenes
while i leave the main one going in the BG.

Rick