POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Behold the birth of the AWESOME ROLEX! (off-topic, of course!) : Behold the birth of the AWESOME ROLEX! (off-topic, of course!) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Behold the birth of the AWESOME ROLEX! (off-topic, of course!)
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 30 Apr 1999 17:37:28
Message: <372a1488.0@news.povray.org>
With all this flaming against Nick that is going on (although it is so
civilized, that in other groups it wouldn't even be discernable from normal
conversation), I want you all to stop for a minute and ponder the great gift
he gave us:

A new phrase!

From now on, whenever someone tries to fool the group by posting something
he didn't make himself (without giving proper credits) we can all simply
yell: "WOW! WHAT AN AWSEOME ROLEX!"

Like in: "Did you see that last image of xyz, and that AWESOME ROLEX he put
beside that dark wood-texture table?"

I see only one but rather ugly hair in this soup:

It is probably never going to happen again! We are all so damn civilized,
friendly and honest! ;-) I *really* would have liked to use "AWESOME ROLEX"
every now and then... :^)
Can't we have some contest of who manages to pass by the most AWESOME
ROLEXes without the group noticing? (No, No, it was a joke, please don't
start posting phoneys now, because you will *not* win a Rolex, awesome or
otherwise!)

Johannes.